Tormenting Lila: Q&A with Sarah Alderson | Weaving Pages: Tormenting Lila: Q&A with Sarah Alderson

Monday, 1 July 2013

Tormenting Lila: Q&A with Sarah Alderson

Hello Everyone!

I'm a very lucky blogger as the lovely Sarah Alderson, author of the Lila and Fated series, agreed to do a Q&A with me, something I'm very happy and grateful about! So, thank you to Sarah for answering all my questions!

Tormenting Lilasmall Title: Tormenting Lila
Author: Sarah Alderson
Series: Lila #2.5

When Lila and Alex sneak off for a romantic weekend away, Lila’s hoping she’ll finally have a chance to work on Alex’s resolve.
But just as things start heating up news reaches them of a serial killer at loose on the island and it isn’t long before their intimate weekend away is interrupted.
A mind reader, a projector, a protective older brother and a serial killer. One of them is going to find Lila first. She’s hoping it’s the serial killer
 

 
 
 
 Here is the best part of the post, the Q&A! I'm in the bold and Sarah is in Italics!
 
 
Firstly, an easy one: What book are you reading now?


I always have about ten books on the go at once. I just finished Dave Eggar's A Hologram for the King and Rob Lowe's autobiography (I'm a child of the 80s), both of which I really enjoyed. And I'm reading Wool by Hugh Howey and the Rough Guide to Sri Lanka now as I'm just about to head there for a holiday. On my nightstand I have Hilary Mantel's 'Bringing up the bodies'.  I go through phases where I'll gorge on YA and then switch to non-fiction or literary fiction. I'm voracious when it comes to books.
 
Is there a part of Tormenting Lila that you liked writing the most (without spoilers!)?

I loved being back with Suki & Nate. Tormenting Lila is just a short story so I was quite sad not to be able to write something longer. But I think this was a fun way to reconnect with Lila and Alex and Jack and a few of the others two months after Losing Lila and find out what they are all up to. Whether Lila had managed to sway Alex's resolve, find out what Jack was saying about their relationship and what their plans were for the future.
 
Was it hard to write Tormenting Lila? Did you ever get writer's block? 

No. I never (touch wood) get writer's block. I get tired some days and know when I need to take a break but I'm very disciplined. I write between 4-6,000 words a day when I'm working on a book. I just blast it out. (And end up with really bad shoulder, wrist and back issues!)
 
Any new, exciting characters in Tormenting Lila that we should look out for?

Well, Tormenting Lila was my chance to introduce characters from my new book The Sound (out august 1st) so that was really the fun part for me, mixing those two worlds, even though one is contemporary and one more paranormal. You'll get to meet Ren and Jesse the two leads from the book; Jesse the dangerous bad boy with secrets (who plays guitar like a God and is very, very good with his hands), and Ren, the hilarious English girl who's nannying in Nantucket for the summer.
 
Is there anything that you think characterizes your writing?

Eeek, I don't know. I do see a lot of bloggers remarking on my ability to write good swoon. I love my boys (Alex, Jack, Lucas, Cyrus and Jesse...sigh...yes, I love them all as if they were real). And I like to think that I blend the swoon with great action and also some good British humour. 

Do you have any books in the works that we should be excited about?

 
Well, other than The Sound I also have a book coming out next summer, called (TBC) Control. That's set in New York and is pretty intense from the get go. It's a true action thriller with lots of high-octane chases, a mad conspiracy, and some sizzling chemistry between the two very different leads. And I've one or two other books in the pipeline too, as always.

 
Do you have a favorite reading/writing spot?

 
I write at my desk mainly, which is in the studio of my house in Ubud, Bali. My view is of rice paddies. It's pretty special. Right outside my door there's a great coconut and fruit stand and several awesome organic cafes. So I get fresh juice delivered daily and coconuts. I love it!

Finally, out of interest, are you a dog person or a cat person?

 
Definitely a dog person. We have a little yorkie / mix. When she came back from the doggie hairdresser the other day I screamed the house down as I thought a rat was running through the kitchen.


Thank you to Sarah for answering my questions! I'm very happy to have been able to ask her some questions!
 
If you would like to know a bit more about Sarah, you can do so here. That's all for now! Look out for Tormenting Lila which is out July 1st.

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...